Thursday, April 17, 2014

Lions, Tigers, &....Wait A Minute!!!

We went to Barefoot Landing today.  I took the kids last year when The Dude in Cammies was in Afghanistan, so this year Vicki and I took him to see the tiger cubs. We were totally surprised to find that they had LIGERS there today!!! I remember wondering if ligers were really real when the Napoleon Dynamite movie came out when we were stationed on Okinawa. Ty wrote a poem about them and confirmed to me that they were in fact real not too long after seeing the movie. Today we got to hold 2 of them! Vicki is holding a one month old liger that doesn't have any teeth yet, but VERY sharp claws, that is why she is holding that cute little fur ball sooooo far away from her!!! I would have had her cuddled up under my chin not caring about her lil daggers!!! I'm holding the 3 month old liger cub that had LOTS of teeth and who happened to be VERY hungry at the moment and VERY content with his bottle!!! He was HEAVY! His fur was sooooo soft!!! I just wanted to cuddle up with him!!! Ed has my new boyfriend. It was love at first sight.....the next post will explain......but it was definitely totally fun interacting with these sweet animals before we posed for this picture with them! Wish we lived closer, i would totally volunteer to work at this place and help care for these animals!!!    

No comments: