Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Mr. Hottie Was Your Dad!


It was a beautiful Saturday and we were on our way to Havelock. I was picking up the Kirwan version of Thing One and Thing Two and meeting Debbie with her gang at the movies on Cherry Point to see Tooth Fairy. We were at the light of Western and Freedom Way waiting to turn left heading towards Lejeune, Emerald Isle, Havelock. Jorden was sitting up front with me and we were laughing at all the trucks in front of us and beside us. They were all young Marines, you could easily tell by the typical Marine stickers on the car and than they were all quite red neck with their other stickers, confederate flags amongst others all on that southern Dixie theme. Anyways, light turns green and we begin to move forward and make the left turn and now we are alongside one of the trucks we had been laughing at. There is this cute young blonde Marine sitting in the passenger seat and he looks over and waves. I laugh and wave back and soon he is blowing kisses and I am just totally cracking up, like I am old enough to be his Mother!!! I’m driving my Commander, it has all the typical stickers that scream “Marine Wife”!! On the back I have the classic His Boots Hers Flops Perfect Pair and ½ My Heart Is In Afghanistan, and of course the dead give away of my decal on my front windshield. I floor it and get waaaay ahead of them and then forget about them while Vicki is still going on and on about how hot he was and that he is her future husband. LOL Before I know it, they have pulled up next to me and he is taking off a necklace and wanting to hand it to me thru the windows. I’m laughing thinking that it has been like FOREVER since I’ve played this game! I tell Vicki to roll down her window and let him give her his necklace. The exchange happens, Vicki is in heaven and she takes a picture of Mr. Hottie as well. We wave good bye and go different ways a little further down the road. I was laughing at how Vicki was just going on and on about this young Marine and I laughed and told her that she just met her Dad at the age I met him and that is how I will always see him, this young, blonde, wild, crazy, HOT MARINE!!!! Vicki was like, really? And I said, yes, like really!! That was your Dad almost 15 years ago.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too funny! He is a cute tho...beware of the cute ones Vicki!! lol