Thursday, July 17, 2014

See You Later Grandma Mary

I woke up to this text from my brother Monte;


I knew it was coming...yesterday in the car...I just knew she was leaving....Grandma Mary was the best grandma EVER!!! She taught me soo much! Not by lectures but by example...she always worked hard. She would tell me about her cotton picking days and chuckle about how she never wanted to do that again! She worked hard to take care of her family and didn't mind that she had to do it. She said hard work was part of life and made you a better person. She also always listened. I could tell her anything and know that she would love me the same after any conversation. Her house was my favorite place to go all growing up! I LOVED it on those rare occasions I was able to stay the night on a school night. She would pack me the most INCREDIBLE lunch boxes EVER!!!

I will miss her every day but I know I will see her again someday....in the meantime I know she is happy to be clearheaded again and out of pain and with those that she loves and has missed for a long time.....


No comments: