Wednesday, October 17, 2012


I love this picture of my Dad!  First, it shows how simple my Dad is.  He and my little brother Monte are leaving on a Father Son camp out trip.  Yep, everything they need is packed on a Harley.  The perks of going out in the wild with a Marine; you really can survive with the bare minimum.   Second, this picture shows my Dad's two favorite vehicles which happened to be my least favorites growing up!  I always dreaded my Dad picking me up from school.  I never knew if he would show up in the black hearse or the kill my hair Harley.  (I was an 80's girl, big hair! Even though i had a pretty blue sparkly helmet it still was NOT nice to my hair!)  It was a happy day when i got to go to the orthodontist, birthday party, etc. in the Volvo or the VW Bug!  I was impartial to his truck that he used to haul his Harley around at times, but the Hearse, was just dreadful, except for when going to to the beach!  Then it was perfect!  All the boards fit as well as friends and you could just sweep out the sand afterwards.  But still, it just always looked like there should be a dead body in the back....but i still loved my Daddy no matter what he showed up driving because, hey, he's my Dad, and they are just the coolest no matter what they roll up in.....even if it means looking like you might have dead bodies rolling around in the back or have a helmet head when you are dropped back off at  school or that cool party where that cute boy is going to be!  I'm just glad my Dad taught me how to enjoy life and giggle at an early age so i was ready for all his crazy antics in my teenage years! 
     
But, my favorite memories of my Dad will be the laughter...

No comments: