Saturday, August 23, 2014

Dry Cleaners From Years Ago...


It was just like wow to be driving down these streets of Oceanside today.....these were the streets we were on regularly, atleast once a week and usually more often than that between the hair cuts, picking up dry cleaning, and just zipping around as young Marines and their families do......It was just quite a unique feeling to see my now much older Marine carrying one of his uniforms into one of the dry cleaners he used to go to with a child we hadn't even thought about yet following right behind him.....yes, it was a look back and smile kinda moment, and I ain't gonna lie, my smile also had some misty eyes too.....but I wear great big sunglasses so nobody noticed.....but wow.....it seems like yesterday that cammies were dry cleaned.....and we as well as all Marines were always on these little side streets at the many dry cleaners dropping off and picking up cammies....endless cammies....it was one of my 'W" jobs. I hadn't earned my I or F yet, still waiting on my E!!!! Back in the day the wife's ID card had a W on it and The Dude In Cammies lovingly referred to me as the "W" Gosh......seems like yesterday and a life time ago all smooshed together......

No comments: