Sunday, February 21, 2010

Making Puppies



My friend Ashley called to say her Golden Lab, Sadie, was in heat and wondered if she could bring her over to hang out with Jasper. Needless to say, Sadie came over the next day and spent 5 days with us! Jasper was thrilled to see her and they have had a fabulous time together!!! They spend most of their time running in the backyard. They would race along the perimiter of the fence barking their heads off at whatever they heard on the other side. Ashley and I weren't sure exactly how to know if they were accomplishing anything. She was just told they would get stuck together. A little while later we looked out the window at them and like, wow! They were stuck together! It was tooo funny! They were looking at us with these pathetic expressions. They stayed stuck for like 20 minutes! Jasper had to walk backwards as I guess Sadie got to decide where they would walk! I have seen them stuck several times over the last 5 days! I would be shocked if Sadie does not leave here with puppies in the making!!! Jasper went a little billistic twice on her during her stay. Have no idea what triggered it, but had to put him in his kennel for a LONG time out!!! He hasn't had any meltdowns in the last two days! Yay! I finally let them sleep with me the last two nights! I couldn't take them crying for each other all night long! It's been a fun 5 days with these two Okinawa Golden Labs running around the house, well fun for everyone but Tank. He has spent the last 5 days living up high! He does NOT like Sadie at all! I thought he would remember her from Okinawa, maybe he does? I'll let you know if puppies come of this!

No comments: