Sunday, February 21, 2010

My First Snow Man!


I've never lived anywhere where there is more than just a light dusting of snow, so when we had 6 inches come down the night of February 12th, well i had some fun!! The kids had a great time throwing snowballs and playing with their friends, but i made a snow man! My first one EVER!!! However, I had no idea how to make one! Every show i had ever seen on TV showed people rolling snow! I tried rolling, and it wasn't happening! I did recall that all the shows i had seen with the making of snowmen were cartoons and so i was laughing at myself for being sooo dumb to think i could just copy a cartoon! DUH! Googling snowmen for dummies wasn't any help either! But i managed to make a creepy snowman for our yard!!! He was pretty scary, but he was mine!!!!

2 comments:

Carrie Stuart said...

He's adorable! Glad you had fun. Just FYI...snow can be totally different in different areas. In Utah, I found the snow does "roll"...you just have to shape it and give it a little more effort than the cartoons...but some snow just won't. Hope you're staying warm! =^)

Melanie said...

You're the first person I've ever known who has never made a snowman. He looks great!
That's a bummer Ed is gone but I know you handle deployments better than any woman I know which is why you totally rock! Hope things are going well and I hope the snow melted fast. It's really only fun for a day or two. You can't beat sunny weather.