Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Oh, That's What That was...

No Photo Due To Graphic Nature of Creature

I need to first go back to the fall of 2002……we lived in the Bellatrix House on USMC Air Station Miramar (Sand Diego, Ca).  I had heard about these horrid bugs referred to as Sewer Roaches, yes the name says it all!  I have ALWAYS been VERY bug conscientious!  I hate them, I loathe them, and I curse their VERY existence!!  Okay, maybe that is a bit dramatic, but I do know that I am VERY happy to have NOT been Noah’s wife, I might not have gotten on the Ark with those creatures, or at least some of them would not be around today…..I do think I would have discreetly thrown some overboard when no one was looking.  I have wondered if there are less bugs on the earth today due to someone on the Ark who just might have done what I would have done……but, anyways……….back to the Sewer Roaches of Miramar.  I had only ever seen glimpses of these giant creatures heading to their crypts in the late evening hours.  They would be wobbling as they walked down the gutters towards the sewer entrances.  They are very ugly and about the size of my remote for the TV.  One horribly, horrific evening I saw one in MY house!!!  Again, I am VERY bug conscientious and I bomb my house regularly so there will NEVER be any bug invaders thinking they can take up residency in my place!!  I totally freaked!  IT was upstairs.  I grabbed Ryan who was 1 and Ty was 2 and went screaming down the stairs to the living room, yes, I was screaming like I was on fire and hyperventilating.  Ed was a Drill Instructor back then, so yeah, he wasn’t home and he had duty so I knew there wasn’t even the possibility that he could come home and kill it!  Vicki and Jorden were there too, they just got themselves downstairs by themselves because they saw me screaming and running with Thing One and Thing Two.  I explained to them what we were up against.  Jorden and I each put on a pair of Ed’s big ole combat boots from the garage and armed with a can of bug spray we proceeded back upstairs with Vicki guarding the little boys downstairs.  We came around the second corner on the stairs and grabbed hands and tip toed up the last set of stairs where we froze scanning the landing looking for movement.  There was none.  We headed towards the bedroom it had been closest to when I fled screaming my bloody head off, nothing there.  We turned around to check another room and YIKES!!!  It was on the landing coming towards us!  I don’t know who shoved who but Jorden and I were both determined to get out of this creatures way and we screamed and ran for the stairs!  I turned back and it was following us!!  More screams, me grabbing Jorden and pulling him back up the stairs and telling him to step on it!  He said I should because I weigh more and have a better chance of killing it!  True, but I told him he had the steel toe boots on so he could kill it if he ballerina twirled on it!  There was also discussion on me paying him 20 bucks and him telling me I could be 20 bucks richer if I were to step on it…as I pulled him back up the stairs with me.  The bug was gone again!!!  We began looking for it and out it pops!  It either was really enjoying its effect on us or it wanted to die.  I than remembered I had the bug spray and right when I was about to spray it Jorden asks if it can fly…..Fly?  I don’t know if it can fly…..should I spray it and hope for the best?  I sprayed it, it didn’t fly….it just now proceeded to follow me while I kept spraying it and screaming and Jorden yelling step on it Mom step on it Mom!!!!  It began to crawl slower and slower and was now pulling its body sideways and still coming at me.  It was a dreadful moment in my life; this hideous creature was still coming towards me and the poisonous toxins I was spraying in its face!  Jorden was yelling, “Kill it NNNNOWWWWWWWW  Mom!!!!”  (Looking back, it totally sounded like how things in the movies sound when it is shouted out in slow motion and all distorted sounding)  I let out an amazing battle cry, charged forward, and stomped on this heinous creature!!!  My battle cry immediately shifted to screaming mommy cry as I heard (and I swear could feel) all the crunching going on as I squished the life out of this beastly creature!!!  Jorden was soooo proud of me, the kids were now safe and I had the unpleasantries of cleaning up the carcass that seemed to be all legs and antennas that were still wiggling.  Yes, I screamed while I was getting it into the dustpan and flushing down the toilet!!  I flushed 3 times to be safe.  We also slept downstairs that night…..well the kids slept, I had dreams of them crawling through the vents and invading our house.  I kept waking up thinking the ceilings were covered with them and they were now dropping on us.  It was a HORRIBLE night!  I actually considered going to a hotel, but was still too petrified to go back upstairs and get the things needed to leave the house with 2 babies!  The next time Ed was home I told him about our gruesome night and he says, “Oh, that must have been what was in my boot……”  I came unglued and said “WHAT?!!!”  He told me the other morning he had gone out to the garage to get a pair of his boots and when he reached in to get his boot bands something crawled up his hand and he flicked it off, put on his boots, laced ‘em up, and left for work!!!  He had been sitting on the bottom stair…..that ghastly creature had made its way upstairs and had been hanging out all day before I saw it!  I was soooo sick to my stomach and told him flicking a giant insect off of you and leaving it in the house with your family is grounds for a divorce.  He laughed and said it was 3 am; he was exhausted and wasn’t even thinking straight.  I let it slide that time, but he better not ever let a creature that dreadful into our house EVER again!!!  hahahahahah 

No comments: