Sunday, January 24, 2016

Winter Hits Quantico!

This picture just made me laugh.....it fit perfect for Ed's flight changes.
The Dude In Cammies was supposed to fly out January 23rd for Quantico....but a giant winter storm swooped down on the east coast! By Saturday morning where he was flying into already had 19" of snow and snow still falling! Needless to say his flight was cancelled. Soooo, we left Sunday morning for his rerouted flight. He was flying to Dallas, Tx and staying the night there and than Monday morning continuing on to DC.
There was no traffic and we made it to Ontario in about an hour and a half.
I left him at Ontario at 11 am....
A quick hug goodbye and a picture and than he was off to check in and I was off to drive up to Northern California for a funeral. While I was driving north he called to let me know his flight had changed again! He was headed to Az and than on to stay the night in Detroit! He called later from Arizona to let me know he was broken on the runway. At 10:30 pm he called to let me know he had arrived in Detroit, 1:30 am local time and that he had a 6am flight so he was just staying at the airport.....I got a text Monday later in the morning that he had made it to DC, got his rental car and was at his hotel room! Yay! He made it, finally!!!!

No comments: