Thursday, January 7, 2010

Deployment Blues Begin Right On Schedule!

As wives, we all know the minute our dude in cammies leaves the country things will begin falling apart! It just never fails! I think Carrie said it is rule #47! I think we should bump it up to the top 10! Anyways, took Vicki to her doctors appointment. I took the truck since I need to rotate thru our fleet. I also like the truck, it is soooo loud and powerful and stuff! I feel invincible in it! Actually I am invincible in it! All was driving just fine. We left the doctors, all still fine…..zipped into Food Lion real quick to pick up like 8 things. Went right back out to the truck, got in, turned the key and nothing!!! Not even an utter stutter! Just complete silence! UHG! We said a little prayer tried again and NOTHING!!! I wasn’t worried or anything, we were right in our one stop light town and we have road side for this truck with the warranty it came with. I pulled out the paper and called the number. They wanted the mileage to make sure it was still under warranty. Like, the key does not turn anything on, how do you get an odometer reading! The lady kept saying she needed a reading to send out a tow truck! I finally said, “um, I am certain we are waaaay under the mileage for this warranty as we just bought it this summer and it hasn’t even left the state of NC yet and that I would pay whatever the charge was if for some odd reason we had surpassed the warranty!” That finally appeased her and she did the computer work to get a tow truck to us. I wasn’t quite sure where I was but had to give her an address, so got out of the truck, went into the store, got the address and gave it to her. The wind was soooo cold! And, I hate to waer a coat and never have one! She asked me where I wanted it towed. I told her to Sanders and convinced her that I knew it was under the 10 mile limit they offer. She said a truck would arrive within an hour. Meanwhile Vicki and I were playing with our Facebooks on our phones and Ed happened to be on at that time where he was. He asks if I left anything on, I said no and it was in PARK! Yes, Carrie! I still laugh at that!!! He tells me that if I would have called Sanders they would have towed it for free and I could have bypassed the forever phone call of her trying to figure out how to proceed on her computer without an odometer reading! Vicki and I are freezing because Vicki does NOT want to get out of the truck! OK, not really freezing, it was like 28, but cold to us! Vicki had to go to the bathroom and didn’t want to use a public restroom and wanted to just sit. Sooo, she begins rapping about having to go poo and randomly asking me to try to start the truck again! Each time I turn the key we make the truck noises it is supposed to make, but Mr Truck never chimed in. I’m texting back and forth to Ed who happens to be on FB during all this and my right thumb and pointer won’t stop bleeding, I have this mysterious deep slicing that comes and goes as it pleases and it is really bad right now and Vicki is getting grossed out that there is blood on my phone and doesn’t know how I type with bleeding fingers. I tell her that someday I hope she grows up being able to function thru anything! LOL Vicki is now calling Kelli to go on and on about how horrid her day is because she is on the rag, had to get a ton of blood drawn, and her Mom is bleeding and we are freezing and she is going to miss cheerleading and that she REALLY has to go POO!!!! Yes, it was a VERY entertaining hour and a half while we waited in the dropping temps for our tow truck. We angrily shook our fists at tow trucks that drove by and big trucks that passed us in the parking lot that sounded like tow trucks, but were really just big trucks tricking us into thinking our tow truck had arrived! But, I got to text back and forth to Ed the whole time!!! Tow truck comes and they call saying they can’t see where I am. Lame me says, “I see you, I’ll be right over” totally forgetting the whole reason they are there is because my truck won’t start! UHG! But the guys are really nice, they find us and we climb into the back of their warm cab of their truck that works!!! Turns out, Sanders was just two shops down! UHG! I could have just walked over and had them come get us and been home in like 20 minutes! So, they keep truck, drop Vicki off at cheerleading practice, take me home, and all is well! Turned out the battery was done, well not quite done, but the cold weather had put it into retirement a little early! This one was only $108, what will be next?

1 comment:

Jared and Adrianne Blake said...

Bummer on such a cold day. Your stories always make me laugh though!