Thursday, January 7, 2010

Jasper Is Missing Ed


Ed brought Jasper home a few weeks before we left Okinawa to North Carolina. I was heartbroken for having to leave my best friend Bisquit on island because my Big Head English Bull Dog wasn’t allowed to get on an airplane after May 31st, our fly date was June 8th. I had cried buckets of tears but what had gotten me thru leaving my Bisq was that we would be flying “dog free” and starting out without a dog, that is easier when flying half way around the world to a place you have never lived before! Sooo, I was a tiny bit perturbed when Ed came home with an almost one year old Golden Lab! But, I fell in love with him immediately and he has been a part of our family ever since! Ed loved that Jasper was HIS dog! He had hoped the bull dog would be his when he brought him home, but no such luck, Bisq was my shadow, shrink, tripping hazard, and best friend! I was only allowed to name Ed’s new dog, as I have never been able to name ANY of our pets! My favorite vampire is Jasper, that is where his name came from. I hope to someday find the perfect female hound dog and name her Alice! Ed was on leave when he brought Jasper home, so Jasper was with him 24/7! When we arrived in NC, Ed was still on leave and spent LOTS of time with Jasper! Weeellllllll, it was time to go back to work and whala! Who is now feeding, running, taking care of Jasper?! Meeeeee! Needless to say, Jasper is sometimes confused on whose dog he is…..he’s mine when Ed is NOT around, but Ed’s the moment he walks in the door! Ed is now gone for the 4th time since we moved here last summer. Each time he left it was for a little bit longer, this time is the long haul! Jasper sleeps with me every night on Ed’s side of the bed! He sleeps on his pillow and I pull the blankets up to his neck. He periodically pats my head with his paws during the night. He also has nightmares, this isn’t anything new…..i just cuddle up to him and sing while I rub his tummy and they go away after a few whimpers. Ed doesn’t do that, he just tells him to shut up! Hahaha! Jasper was looking extra glum and so I laid down next to him and read from my book Nightlight. It is a parody of Twilight and VERY funny!!! He listened for awhile, but I guess he didn’t get the humor and he left and put himself to bed! I e-mailed Ed and told him. He said that was his dog and anything twilight can make a guy sick! (Yes, Ed HATES Twilight ANYTHING!!!!)

No comments: