Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Good Bye Space Mobile


I’m sooo stinkin’ mad I could spit nails right now! UHG, double UHG, triple UHG!!! We have this Ford Windstar completely paid for and in perfect condition! The downside is it has been in storage for 6 years while we were in Okinawa. We picked it up in South Carolina in early July this last summer when we got here. I have been corresponding with California DMV since July in trying to get a little sticker for the plate. Unfortunately…….they neeeeeeeed a copy of the title! I was never mailed a title when we paid it off a couple of years ago while we were in Okinawa. Thru all this back and forth correspondence we found out that the bank we had the loan thru was one of those banks that went under a few years back. We really didn’t pay too much attention to that bit of news as we had none of our mass amounts of dinero in any of the banks that were going bankrupt! So, now there is like nooooo way to get a copy of the title in a decent time frame. Correspondence with California DMV takes 8 weeks to THE FRICKIN’ DAY on hearing back from them on any correspondence! We have been going back and forth redundantly now for what feels like forever!! We came to the depressing conclusion that due to the DMV quota people that work in California, they would rather get paid to talk on their own cell phones all day and correspond with their facebook/myspace/twitter/etc friends than actually work for what the tax payers pay them to do! Yes, Quotas are sooooo similar to Politicians! Nothing gets done and they still collect a paycheck! Soooo, instead of continuing to pay insurance for a vehicle we might actually NEVER be able to drive we traded in our Ford Windstar. I almost started crying at the dealership. The guy actually asked if I was going to be okay and if I was going to have some separation anxiety on parting with our vehicle. Ed started laughing and reminded me that I had cursed that vehicle the first time I had seen it. True, I did back in 2001, but there are sooo many fun memories in that space mobile and IT IS PAID FOR!!!! So, Ed found me the perfect replacement mobile. He knows me so well! I like a box, well not like, I LOVE a box!!! I love our Jeep Cherokee, but it doesn’t hold all of us, so Ed found me another box that holds 7, the Jeep Commander! It is white and matches the Micro Machine, just a bigger edition. My dream car is a Hummer, but don’t want to be saddled with those fuel expenses, so this is the next best thing! I jokingly call it our ghetto hummer. Hahahaha! But I do really like it, just hate that NOW we have a car payment!!! I did cry, but I waited until the drive home. Ed drove while I bawled and he reminded me that I had never wanted to drive a van and I reminded him of all the images I had seen in my rear view mirror in my space mobile.

2 comments:

Slattery's said...

I felt the exact same way when Dan traded in my suburban for our Aspen. He "surprised" me for my birthday. What kind of surprise is that? A car payment and I hate the color. Cry on sister...cry on!

Anonymous said...

Julia! I could have got you a black for cheaper!! lol My brother-in-law just traded theirs in for a Grand Cherokee. Richard wanted a Commander until we saw the third row seating...YIKES!! Won't work with Cory's long legs lol It does look nice though and you get to make new memories with this one :0)