Monday, November 11, 2013

Jump Start Lovers

It happened......we finally had our deployment vehicle breakdown! Lucky for me it happened in our driveway! I went to drive the jeep and it didn't start.  I had just driven it the day before, but probably not long enough to keep the battery alive. Cayce came over and helped us.  I was going to try jump starting it with a You Tube video, but neighbors are awesome in not letting you do things like that.  He hooked everything up and we weren't getting anything better than a click click click. So, we gave up on that and i called my road side assistance.  Our rescuer arrived 30 minutes later.  It was active duty Marine who does this on his days off. It was Veterans Day, so he was off and happy to help a military wife in a rut with a deployed husband far away. He was really nice and let me know that the battery was completely shot and needed to be replaced.  He hooked the jeep up to my car and with his added machinery my car jump started the jeep back to life! But as soon as i took my foot off the pedal it would die.  It would not hold the charge.  UGH! He offered to take it off so i could drive it to a store and get a new battery but i would have to put it on myself or he could follow me most the way to make sure i made it somewhat close to my destination before he had to turn off to his next call.  I managed to get Vicki and i to the Auto Parts store in Richlands without the jeep dying on us. This was no easy task as i could NOT take my foot off the gas pedal even at a stop sign or light! Getting across the freeway was the hardest but we made it! Vicki ran in the store to see if they had one and if they could put it in before i took my foot off the gas!!! They had one and said they would put it in! Yay! $101.00 later the jeep is running again! On a side note the guys working there were, in Vicki's words, 'HOT'! They were really nice too!  




No comments: