Saturday, November 16, 2013

Deployed Souses Ball 2013

Tonight was the Deployed Spouses Ball.  AND!!!  It is The Dude in Cammies BIRTHDAY!!!  This was my first one to ever go to.  I have seen lots of posts from friends who have gone to these and seen many fun pictures but had never had the opportunity to attend one as The Dude in Cammies has either left right after one or arrived home before one or when he was an augment the Battalion always made sure to invite the Wives of their deployed Marines and since they bought the tickets and offered transportation and child care I didn’t say no, so I have never had the opportunity to go until this year! My friend Kim who lives down the road from me asked if I was going.  I was originally not planning on it as The Dude in Cammies arrival was going to be somewhere in that window and so I wasn’t sure if I should risk buying a ticket and that ends up being the night he comes home or he comes home the day before and I leave him his first night home or something like that! Amy definitely wanted to go. Her Marine is in Afghanistan and is retiring this summer.  She has yet to go to one of these either and she wanted to go as this was her last chance.  I told her I would buy a ticket and go as long as I wasn’t picking up my guy during the Ball! Ha! I figured this way I could check this off my Marine Wife Bucket List and go with a fun friend!!! We had a total blast! The decorations were sooo fun! I was going to sit on one of the sand bags and right when I was sitting I realized they weren’t filled with sand but with air!  That was close!!! I almost fell but thank goodness my brain began thinking ‘sand’ bags would be really heavy to bring in in this quantity!!! Caught myself just in time!  Now, that would have been a classic Julia Moment if I hadn’t had that sudden brain power happen!!! The food was delicious, the desserts were every girls dream, and the speakers were hilarious and know the Marine Wife Life!!! It was a fantabulous evening with some super fun wives!     
The entrance going in

Had to lay down on the cot


With my friends

The tent to go thru to sign in and find out your table number


Loved this sign!

Had to make this for The Dude in Cammies....we all know I am always waiting on him!!!

Our super cute table centerpiece




Yes, those are the coolest M&M's EVER!!!!

Yes, i tried almost everything!!!

A try once dessert, good, but don't want again! 








No comments: