Thursday, November 20, 2008

Are We Flying Thru A Cloud?

We decided to go visit family one Christmas holiday. We started watching the tv to see the list of military planes departing Kadena in route to Travis AFB. We had gone to a couple of roll calls without any luck. It was also Christmas so I was burning the candle at both ends with everything involved in the holidays. We finally got a flight out to Travis. I was exhausted by the time we actually got on the plane and ascended up to the sky! I had never flown in a C-5 before, or atleast not that I remembered……Everyone was asleep and I looked up and saw smoke coming out of the ceiling part of the plane. I woke up Ed and asked him if the plane was on fire. He shook his head, laughed, and said of course not and than just closed his eyes to go back to sleep. I looked at the smoke for a little longer and than woke him up again and asked him if we were flying thru a cloud………….i must have been really tired. He just did his normal aaaarrrggghhhhh and went back to sleep. It seemed perfectly logical to me at the time to ask him that, now I just think, oh my, I am soooo lost in the sauce!

No comments: