Thursday, April 23, 2009

Leave The Door Unlocked

Since we are going to Okuma this weekend, I thought I would do an Okuma Flash Back from a few years back……We went up for a fun weekend to camp and hike Hiji Falls with several of our friends. I had reserved a cabin for us and we also brought a tent. We brought our neighbors kids up with us too, Cody & Alex. Ed, Jorden, and Cody slept in the tent and then it was Vicki and Alex in the bunk beds and Ty and Ryan slept with me in the big bed. The cabin next to us was full of military dudes partying the night away. They were very drunk, loud, and just having a fu time. Ed was fine with it until midnight. We were in the family section and the noise is supposed to be stopped by 10 PM. Ed went over there to talk to them. One of the Marines over there ended up being one of Ed’s recruits from Boot Camp. The poor kid ran away. It was funny, we laughed, it quieted down, and Ed fell asleep. I always leave the lights on in the cabins at Okuma. When the lights go off, well the giant spiders from hell come out! Lights on, they stay away. Sooooo, anyway, I fall asleep and wake up to the door opening. I wasn’t paying attention and just assumed Ed had decided to come squish in the bed with me and the boys, they were little, like 4 and 5 back then. I turned to say something to Ed and realized it wasn’t Ed, it was one of the drunk Marines from next door. He was taking off his clothes and attempting to crawl into bed with me and Thing One & Thing Two, we were all in our Hulk jammies. I started laughing and said, “Dude, you’re in the wrong cabin” He mumbles and is now proceeding to pull off his boxers. I am cracking up and say a little louder, but also do not want to wake up the kids, “Dude, seriously, you are in the wrong cabin, go out the door and walk up the next set of stairs." He is staring me all confused. I would sooo love to have known what his brain was registering in his drunken state! Vicki and Alex were sleeping in the bunk beds with sleeping masks on because the lights were on, they always pack those when we go to Okuma because they know the lights will be on all night, Ty and Ry are curled up around me…..hulk jammies….just would have loved to have had a peek into what his visual assessment of the room was in the state he was in. He was sooo confused! I had to actually get out of bed, hand him his clothes while telling him to keep his boxers ON and pull them back up and walk him out the door and down the steps. I pointed him in the right direction and then I went back inside. The Marines had been peeing off their porch earlier that night, so I didn’t want to walk within pee range in case you are wondering why I didn’t walk him to his door. LOL! The next day everytime he saw me he kept giving me the funniest look. I wonder what kind of memory he had of that night? Ed teases me and says I blew my one shot to have done something and not been blamed for it as I could have just said I thought it was Ed. He was tall, thin, same hair cut….soooo, if you ever hear anyone say, “Turn your lights off and leave the door unlocked.” It is in reference to that funny night up at Okuma! Sorry, no pictures for this story!

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

I remember you telling me that story and reading it made me laugh. I could totally picture this guy and was just cracking up the whole time.