Monday, February 27, 2012

Charlie Brown Christmas Tree

If you look closely, you will see what this little blog is about.... 

I love the Christmas Trees that have their branches all spread out so you can actually see the decorations hanging from the branches.  Ed was brought up with a different kind of Christmas Tree….but I won and got to pick out our Christmas Trees over the years until we arrived on Okinawa.  We had to buy a fake one our first year over there due to the real trees arriving from the States had some sort of horrible beetle and they had to burn all the trees.  So, we have had a fake one ever since because we just can’t see buying one when we already have a beautiful one in the garage!  After all these years Ed still teases me on my taste in Christmas Trees.  He refers to my “perfect” Christmas Tree as a Charlie Brown tree and still thinks it was a huge waste of money that we forked over for what he thinks is a hideous looking tree.  So, when he was in the Desert one year over Christmas he went crazy when he saw this little Charlie Brown box!  He set it up and he said it felt just like being home for Christmas with his Charlie Brown (“Julia Tree”)!  Every year he gets to tell a new story now about me and my horrible taste in Christmas Trees!

This all came in a box and made Christmas in the Desert feel just like home for Ed


Ed insists my trees are really this ugly!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Walmart was selling a Charlie Brown tree this year. I was waiting for it to go on sale but that never happened. Next I will buy it regardless (it was only $10 to begin with! lol) It wasn't as little as your's is though ;)