Thursday, February 2, 2012

Girls Night Out...no more....

It's been in many kichens....most recently in NC




I have had my Girls Night Out Jar for like atleast the last 6 duty stations.  Ed probably puts the most coins in it.  And yes, i have gone to the movies with my girlfriends and paid in all nickels, dimes, pennies, and quarters!  I usually have a twenty at the bottom under all the coins for my emergency stash for last minute out with my friends when i will need more than the normal couple of dollars needed for the base movies.  Well, Ed took all my coins and cashed them in, much to my dismay.....He ended up with a little over $36 after he poured all my coins in.  I had snagged my twenty out when he began throwing out guesses as to how much was in MY jar.  He is NEVER a guy of just talk!  When he starts throwing things out there i know i don't have much time before the throwing out there turns into the actual doing!  He has now hijacked my jar and has thrown out there that he is going to duct tape over my "girls night out jar" and have it say "Ed's Silverado Jar".  Usually when we go anywhere and have to buy something he always hands me the change and i drop it into my purse.  Not anymore, now he starts to hand it to me and then remembers and pulls his hand with the coins back and drops them in his pocket saying, "sorry, Silverado, babe" and dumps the change into MY jar when he gets home reminding ME that it is 'The Silverado Jar" now!!  I am already feeling the pinch!  Just this morning at work when i went to grab 50 cents out of my purse i realized i didn't have 50 cents!!!  No oreo's for breakfast for me today! Yep, he has decided he wants a Silverado and he is going to aquire it by one coin at a time....meanwhile the vending machine at work will miss me....and i suppose it is a good thing that i have no friends this duty station to have girls night out with anyways...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We have a bucker above the stove where I put most of my change (minus the quarters I use at school). Hanna's asked for some change for their penny drive two weeks ago so I have her about $1.50 worth. 2 days later when I went to put some change in it, it was half gone!! Hanna raided it for her penny drive...again!! Grr!