Thursday, September 4, 2008

Dive Meida Point












Meida Point is my favorite place to dive on Okinawa! It is truly a beautiful dive spot! There are always an abundance of fish to watch and follow and we usually see eels, octopus, rays, and even a shark here! The visibility is almost always fantastic! This is the place i saw my first shark out in the open water! Very scary and i almost swallowed my reg, but an amazing experiance all the same! There are also caves here to explore that are like totally fun to swim into! I also completly love that there are always a lot of people here diving! My imagination doesn't get the best of me as long as there are plenty of divers around down under and snorkelers above me! ha! To get down to the water, you have to walk a lot of stairs and it seems like more stairs when it is time to go up! Someday i am going to count these stairs! It probably really isn't that bad, but on a hot day with full sun and all that gear on, you really do sweat alot by the time you get to the water and going up the stairs, especially after a rough dive, it can be quite exhausting climing up. Ed will usually carry my weights on those days! This dive spot also has a nice chain that you can grab on to and pull yourself back to shore when the water condition has changed by the time you surface. I've been slammed into the cliffs of Meida on more than one occasion! Ed says i look like a rag doll bouncing off the rocks. Soo fun! But it is my favorite place to dive and take pictures!

No comments: