Thursday, September 4, 2008

Shark Cage Dive









While in Hawaii i was able to do one of the things on my Wish List! A Shark Cage Dive! It was the coolest! Jorden did it with me! We took a boat out about 3 miles off the coast of Ohau's North Shore and than got in a shark cage in about 400+ feet of water! They threw bait in the water and whala, the sharks appeared! They were between 13 and 15 of them and the avergage size was about 10 to 15 feet long. Yes, i was scared, i kept wondering if there was anyway that the cage could somehow not work properly, like come off from the boat and us sink to the bottom and have to swim out and surface without the cage to the boat. I watched how it worked very closely and than just went for it! The scary part was getting into the cage, i hoped i would not fall over the side into the water or that a shark wouldn't bite my foot as I was climbing down the bars into the cage. It was a scary sensation when they let the ropes go and we floated out away from the boat and the sharks began circiling us! Once inside the cage, i quickly realized that between the waves and the sharks bumping the cage that my limbs were continually outside the bars of the cage! That freaked me out cause like i didn't want a shark chomping into my leg or arm! But with being somewhat scared but having the time of my life i did manage to get some pretty cool pictures. Jorden took some too and he loved it as much as i did!

No comments: