Thursday, October 24, 2013

Last Evening Colors With Youth Sports


As I stood for evening colors and the sound of the bugle began I realized this might be the last practice I'm ever at with my kids where we stop for the lowering of the flag....in just that tiny moment I remembered countless, like literally in the hundreds if not more beginning on Camp Pendleton in the 90's with Jorden and Miramar Air Station in the early 2000's with Jorden. and than with Ty, Victoria, and Ryan on Okinawa to here at New River Air Station.....watching Ed with all the many little ones he's coached gathered around him on the football, soccer, and baseball fields....all the friends I have stood with at practices all over the globe....and yes, I'm not going to lie, a little tear or two might have fallen....

No comments: