Thursday, October 31, 2013

Halloween 2013

For the FIRST time EVER my youngest were like "whatever" in regard to Halloween!!!  I couldn't believe it!!!  Less than a week before Halloween Ty had said he wanted to be Santa Clause.....but there was no way i was going to try to get that costume in the mail in time.  We looked around, but there was nothing.....He than decided Halloween day he would go out in his Ghillie Suit and scare people.  So, i was relieved atleast one of the boys was going to dress up.  Ryan insisted he did not want to dress up and wanted to just hand out candy with me.  Than!!!  Ty sees my Tracy costume from Hairspray and decides that he is going to go as Tracy with a growth spurt and weight loss!  I laughed and told him i wished he would have thought of it yesterday as i would have gotten him a slim fast can and put a sign on his shirt that said something like 'Ask me about Slim Fast' or Weight Watchers or any of those things!!! Sooo, Vicki and Ryan handed out candy with me while Ty trick or treated the neighborhood.  He actually did NOT want to go trick or treating but Vicki was yelling at him to "Go get candy because Mom's candy sucked!!!" I laughed and told her i bought 'Mom Candy Tax' candy.  She said what?!!!  I reminder her that parents go thru their kids candy to make sure it is safe and my candy is for the Moms, that is why it is all chocolate!  I had bought 3 Musketeers, Snickers, Milkyways, and M&M's.  She laughed and saif, "ohhhhh, yeah, you always take my chocolate candy because i just want REAL candy!!!" So, that is how Ty ended up going out and trick or treating.  when he got back from our street Vicki insisted he go and bring back more.  I didn't want him going alone to the next neighborhood, so Ryan said he would go with him.  As they were leaving Vicki yells out, "Bring me back some REAL candy!!!" She is a crack up!  The boys were with some of the families from our neighborhood and they brought back some candy for their sister.  People even gave Ryan candy..... We were going to go to the haunted House on base afterwards since our street doesn't see much action, but i didn't feel right leaving Ty alone on Halloween night since he didn't want to go. So, we decided we would go Friday night. It was a fun Halloween but getting sad my kids are outgrowing this holiday.....it is also more fun when The Dude in Cammies is here.....next year he should be with us, but i think Vicki will be gone and Ty and Ryan will definately be too old to Trick or Treat!!!

   

No comments: