Thursday, June 16, 2016

Huge Stress Is Gone!!!

It is sooo nice to be gone from Barstow!!! The desert is beautiful, I had some great friends, an easy job, a beautiful home, a great gym just a mile from my house, The Dude In Cammies home almost every night for dinner and 10 beautiful horses to hang out with! But there was always that underlying fear that something bad would happen there! I think it might be the weakest Marine Corps Installation as far as security goes. I had numerous nightmares of terrorists storming the base and just killing as many marines as they could. I was soooo glad when Ed turned the old dental building into his new office and took his marines over there. My nightmares were always coming into the gate and seeing a dead guard and finding out terrorists opened fire on headquarters building. I also woke up from several nightmares that the horses had been killed by a sniper.....I haven't had any of those nightmares since we left and just a huge stress has been lifted. Hopefully nothing ever happens there or any of our military installations....


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: