Friday, June 10, 2016

Saying Goodbye To Ford


Goodness, tough morning saying goodbye to the horses....Ford was the hardest. I love them all but Ford was the one i claimed my first day to the stables to meet these 10 beautiful, crazy, stubborn guys! It might have been his bangs.....i actually do not know what drew me to him....he had come right up to me and i kissed his nose and that was that! It saddens me that he has no idea that i was telling him goodbye....whenever i have been gone and haven't been to the stables in a week he was always a brat when he would see me and just look away like i didn't exist. He always eventually came over and would nudge me to i guess say he was done pouting! We have had MANY tug a wars with my scarves during the winter months and he has destroyed a few shirts of mine, but i know it was all done in love. I'll never forget the first time i saw him all saddled up with his main blowing in the wind! Such a BEAUTIFUL site!!! I've had a great time blogging about him on my horse blog.  So happy that The Dude On A Horse was able to work with him these last two years and actually ride him in his very first event! Ed was able to debut Aires and Ford for their first events with the USMCMCG. Ed teases me that Ford has had more kisses in the last two years than he has had in 21 years!!! I am definitely going to miss Ford....i thought i wouldn't see him again before we left. He had gone on the road with the other horses to Washington DC and Colorado for exposure. Ed is the only one to have ridden him in an event so far. So i was soooo happy to be able to tell him goodbye again!!! I wish he could have understood english for just 30 seconds this morning so i could tell him i wasn't abandoning him and i will miss him terribly!!!!    

















No comments: