Saturday, December 20, 2008

Another Thing Off My To Do List!


Yay! I've checked off another item on my "Do Before I Die" list! I held a poisonous sea snake today while i was out diving the East China Sea! One of our friends that we dive with catches them all the time when we're down under. I told him awhile back i wanted to hold one...........sooooo we were finally diving together and before we went in he asked if i still wanted to hold one. Of course i said, "Ya Bet"! Like now that i am 40, just can't be saying "maybe another time"! LOL! We hadn't been down very long and Jim comes swimming over to me with a snake! Thank goodness he brought me a little one! If ya know Jim, than you would NOT be surprised by him hunting the biggest snake he could find for me! I was totally scared but took the slithery thing by the neck and held it for awhile to get a really good look at it. Ed took the picture. It was quite facinating to stare at it face to face and IT not being able to move. After a bit i let it go, that was the tricky part....things just don't work as easily underwater....but i managed to fling it in front of me while kicking backwards and it didn't decide to come after me for any sort of revenge! JIm brought me another snake later in the dive to hold. I wonder if i will ever be brave enough to just swim up and catch one myself.......? Maybe next dive I'll tell Jim ahead of time to give me a lesson down under on how to catch one....Ed hates snakes and was not even slightly interested in holing it when i tried to pass it on to him.....Later at home i was showing Jorden the picture of me and the snake. He said i couldn't get mad at him for the stair sets he jumps anymore 'cause what i was doing wouldn't just break bones like his stuff but could get me killed. He's decided he gets his "doing stupid stuff" from me..........i'm not sure that that is a compliment. Ha!

2 comments:

Slattery's said...

I think I am with Ed on the whole snake thing. Glad you got to check another item off your list.

Kelli said...

I'm totally freaked out just looking at the picture. I have to go have a moment away from my computer... excuse me... oh and ps I'm so NOT hunting snakes with you ever... so don't even be thinking you're going to rope me into some NC forest snake hunting expedition.... NOPE NOT ME!!!