Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Motorcycle For Two

Soooo.....Ed was finally able to take me for a ride on his Harley! He's been wanting to do this since he got his bike. Lucky for me, the motorcycle rules here on Okinawa for Military Dudes is that they have to have had their motorcycle license for a year before they are able to take someone on the back of their bike! Well, a year has finally rolled around and Ed took me for a ride. He loves to ride his bike, he says it calms him. Weellllll, let me tell ya......IT WAS NOT, I REPEAT, NOT CALMING FOR ME!!! LOL! I felt like he drove much tooo fast, took the turns in a way that i thought we would tip over, AAAANNNNNDDDDD, it messed up my hair!! Ha! But, yes, it was fun.......as long as i wasn't thinking of falling over, sliding on the pavement, and than being run over by another car............it was very fun! I shouldn't be afraid, my Dad has had a Harley just about my entire life and i have ridden on the back of his bike for a giant chunk of my growing up years! Okinawa drivers are scary! Soo, out in town was the scariest part for me. Ed was relaxed and happy as we drove around and didn't seem toooo bothered by me squeezing him on every turn! We parked over at Jusco to do sticky pictures. The motorcycle parking was full, so Ed dropped me off in front of Starbucks while he went to park. He had made me wear one of his helmets and since he had put it on me, i wasn't sure how the thingy worked for me to get it off. So i am standing there in front of Starbucks on a busy evening with a helmet on and no bike. This is soooo typical for me...continuely looking like a dork. Sooo, i'm just standing there waiting and i see one of my friends walking towards me and i start to say hi, but than realize i am still covered and so just kind of turn away.....Ed finally comes walking up and is asking me why i still have the helemt on....i tell him i couldn't get it off....he gets that little exasperated grinand just shakes his head, but gets the thing off of my head. I thought for sure he was just going to keep walking....so we head over to Dragon Palace to do sticky pictures to celebrate our first ride! Ed hates sticky pixs, so it was more to celebrate me surviving the first half of our ride than for him. Hee Hee. Ed is having a brand new Harley built for him in the States so it will be ready when we get there. It is much bigger than this bike. His original plan was for me to have this bike when he gets his new one, but he just doesn't understand that i would rather be on the back hanging on to him than riding my own bike......so this one will go up for sale when we leave here. I also bought the Hallmark Christmas ornamnant this year that is the Harley with Santa & Mrs Clause on the back. I thought it would be a perfect addition to our Christmas Tree decorations since it is the year that Ed was able to take me for a ride!

No comments: