Thursday, December 11, 2008

SSSSSHHHH! Ed's Christmas Gift!




I have always loved the Asian style jewelry boxes! They are made out of the rosewood and are quite pricey. Mine had a sticker price of $262 but i managed to get it for $10 as there was a small scratch on the very back of it. It is impossible to see, but with the scratch, it made the value drop immensely! I snatched it right up and kept going over in my mind how yen transferred to American dollars. I kept thinking i was off by a zero, but it said 1000 Yen, which at that time with our exchange rate it was about $8. I was fully prepared to be told it was missing a zero and it should have said 10000 Yen instead. But, the Okinawan rang up 1000 Yen and i bought it for about $8! I was thrilled! My Dad has one and i have been wanting to buy one for Ed and have had it on my buy before we leave list. He has all kinds of, well he doesn't like for me to call it jewelry......but none the less, it's jewelry! LOL! He's got his DI ring, Marine Corps ring, work watches, dress watches, cuff links, different sets of dog tags, our deployment necklaces (we each have 1/2 a heart, i wear one and he keeps one on his dog tags, but don't tell anyone, 'cause we can't let anyone know Ed has a soft side, hee hee!) And than of course the ribbons and medals, and stuff.....sooooo, yes he needs a "jewelry" box. I was picking up a few odds and ends at the Marine Gift Shop and they were having a special that day. When you got up to the register you were able to draw a slip of paper out of the stocking that told you what your discount was going to be. I wasn't too concerned, i had about 7 or 8 dollars worth of things. Welllllll, i drew out the 50% slip of paper! They only had one of those in there! Yay for me! Soooo, i decided to look around......i found the box! I love it! Ed won't be as excited as i am about it.....but i think it will be a gift that he will like more with time!

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Very Cool!!!! I don't think I'll tease him about his jewelery... Just call it his man box...