Thursday, May 17, 2012

Slip Slop Reminder



I woke up at my normal time of, still dark outside, 4:45 am.  I usually always slip on a pair of slip slops this time of year due to my enormous fear of stepping on a super sized spider in the dark.  This morning was not my usual morning……I started down the hall bare foot……when I got to the kitchen I ran into Leah’s hind quarters.  I went into panic mode and flipped on the kitchen light and sure enough, Leah had her nose up to one of those giant furry spiders that invade my dreams most nights.  Leah wasn’t killing it…..Jasper was showing no desire to kill it…..and I had on no slip slop to smash it with!  I was quickly looking around at my options before the 8 furry legs of dread made a run for it!  I was coming up empty!  I would have to go around the breakfast bar and loose visual if I were to grab napkins or paper towels……the fly swater was nowhere to be seen, not that it would be firm enough to kill a spider of this caliber……the spider killer was under the sink, again this would require me to lose visual…..You NEVER lose visual of a creepy crawly in the house, because then you just have to move!  The Dude in Cammies won’t let me move because we aren’t up for orders yet and I don’t think he can function without me!  Thankfully Jasper moved to the side during those agonizing 3 seconds when I was going over all my options and revealed a flip flop laying on the floor!!!  Thank goodness Captain America left a lone flip flop on our kitchen floor!!!  I grabbed it, let out my creature killing battle cry and smashed it to oblivion!!!  It took almost a whole roll of paper towels to clean it up, but I will now never forget to put on my flip flops until it gets cold again!
I killed it so there is no picture, but it was the type i call Frankenstein!  They creep me out and i kill them inside or outside!  This one was by our garage, it is dead....There are too many of them here!

No comments: