Friday, May 18, 2012

Aligator Hunting


It was a beautiful day and so Mr. Hottie and I decided to take the canoe out.  None of the kids wanted to join us, so we headed out to New River and paddled out.  We decided to go alligator hunting!  Ed paddled us out while I searched the water.  I saw something really big to our left surface and disappear back into the water.  Mr. Muscles turned us around and we sped after it.  Well, Mr. Hottie was the speed while I called out commands! 



I was a little scared because it looked to be a quite enormous alligator!  As we approached we realized there was more than one and they weren’t alligators!!!  They were DOLPHINS!!!  I think we counted 5.  It was hard to keep track of how many there were due to their playful behavior!  They were enjoying their morning swim and seemed to be having so much fun jumping out of the water.  I didn’t have my really good camera because, duh, we were in a canoe looking for alligators!!  But, I did manage to get some video of them jumping.  It was windy and the water was rough. (yes, Mr. Hottie and I began singing the Gilligan’s Island song, making up our own words as the waves tossed us to and fro)  We almost tipped a few times, but totally worth it to be out there with those beautiful creatures with Mr. Hottie chasing them in our canoe so I could watch them up close!  PLEASE turn the volume off when watching the videos, it was really windy and that is what you mainly hear, and me beiong a dork.....It never failed, as soon as i would turn off the camera one or more would jump up right in front of us!  But you can see them if you look closely!
The dolphins appear on the right back about 3/4ths of the way through.....
Have the sound off!!!


The guy that makes all my dreams come true!

Of course Mr. Hottie had phone calls as soon as we pulled ashore....


No comments: