Monday, June 4, 2012

Can't Avoid Them!

I walked straight from the car, across the gravel road, and planted my chair in the short grass.  I was right on the fence line by home plate on the baseball field at TT.  I avoided all trees, shrubs, tall grass, ANYTHING that a TICK would call home!  But, even with my most stealth like navigational skills I still managed to get in the car after the game and see one crawling on my pants!  At first glance I thought it was just a small spider.  I am not afraid of small spiders.  I quickly grabbed a napkin and proceeded to kill it!  It did not die!!  It did not even remotely look as if it had been even somewhat injured in any way!!!  I knew, even before the dot on its back registered in my brain that it was a TICK!!!  I was now itching all over and crying out that I had a TICK on my pants and Ed needed to TICK CHECK the boys when we got home!  I trapped it in my napkin since I had no way to kill it and waited quite impatiently for us to get to Sams Club, our next stop.  I hated throwing it away in the trash can knowing it wouldn’t die in there, but I couldn’t carry it around with me while shopping….I thought of hiding it in the freezer section……so it COULD die……but that just sounded wrong…….sooooo I gave the TICK one last squish with my fingers through the napkin hoping to at least break some of his legs and hamper his travels before tossing him in the trash can……I will be itching until November…… 

No comments: