Thursday, June 28, 2012

Hitting Up The Pier


We love to head out to the Pier on Emerald Isle, Bogue Inlet Fishing Pier. It’s a great beach with parking almost to the sand, showers to wash off all that sand before you get back into your car, and a great pier to walk to see what everyone is catching!  We have seen some really fun stuff over the years!  I probably haven’t blogged this Pier…..i usually don’t take my camera because the kids don’t like me making them look like tourists in our back yard!  But, I got some pretty good pictures with my phone this time and later when we were on the beach I actually took a few pictures of us at the beach and the boys in the water before I dove in!  It was fun watching these guys bring  in a Sting Ray, although, the Sting Ray didn’t look too happy, in fact he looked really pouty laying there on the pier while the guys were deciding what to do with him.  Bet he was glad when the decision was made to toss him back into his home!  He flew over and did a perfect belly flop below!  We saw all kinds of other fish as well as a small pod of dolphins swimming along the shoreline.  It was nice seeing those friendly fins because one of the fishermen pulled up a baby back tip shark!  Not sure where Mama was, but we had fun diving in the waves later with the dolphins swimming back and forth along our coastline!







No comments: