Monday, September 21, 2009

Dropping Another Tear Drop....

It is quite an interesting feeling when you see a kid you were just teaching at the High School a few months ago, in cammies at SOI! Jorden asked me if I could give him a ride to Camp Geiger as his friend John had liberty today from SOI (School Of Infantry). John was just a student at Kubasaki High School this last year! It is just amazing to think I was teaching him in a classroom and now he is done with Boot Camp, at SOI, and will be ready to go fight in a war within a few months. I’m glad I always wear sunglasses so no one can see when I drop little tear drops here and there at moments like these.

1 comment:

Kelli said...

That is amazing! Are we really getting older? I didn't think so. I am thankful for sunglasses as well....