Thursday, December 15, 2011

One Of My Rituals When The dude In Cammies Leaves

Can you see what i left out?

Every wife has different rituals for when their Marine leaves...doesn't matter if it is for a week in the field, a month at a course, a couple months on an exercise, or a long deployment.....i have different ones pending where The Dude In Cammies is going and how long he will be gone.  This was a short one, leaving early September and coming home mid November.  He was off to do some random 1st Sgt stuff and than followed by whatever it is called now, the name has changed soo many times....i think it is currently called Enhanced Mojave Viper, but i could be wrong.  I am the wife, not the Marine, so i really don't care.  I really get a kick out of the wives who think they are the Marine and rattle on like they know it all, weather they do or not, 'cause like, really?!!  Who cares!  I would die with laughter if Ed was telling me all about the DODEA Family, structure, my bosses, bosses of those bosses, how to work with Special Needs kids, blah blah blahs!  I think this is Ed's 4th time and i think it has been called something different each time.  Last time it was called Mojave Viper, now Enhanced Mojave Viper....I can not remeber what it was called the time before that, but i do know it was something different.  I am just glad each time he comes home safe.  It seems every time he goes a Marine is lost due to an accident and several injuries from other accidents.  This time a Sgt was killed when a Track rolled and several were hospitalized from injuries from the roll.  Always breaks my hear when we loose a Marine, especially at training....probably why i have all these rituals for when Ed leaves.  So, anyways, back to this blog about my ritual for short ones.  I am constantly picking up things of Ed's, so when he leaves i will leave one thing out, right where he left it and it will remain in that spot until he comes home.  This time it was his shaving cream that he used to shave his head right before he left.  I scrubbed out all the grody shaving cream and stubble left behind, put the razor away, but the shaving cream stayed right where his hands had put it and stayed there until he came home and picked it up again.  I also do dumb things like drag out his laundry so every batch of clothes that i fold there is something of his for me to put away.  Probably sounds dumb, but it is the daily things i do for him that i miss terribly when he is gone.  However, i do NOT miss the Q-tips on the floor because he always misses the trashcan and the toothpaste and stubble goo in the sink, glad we have 2! 

His shaving cream, right where he left it....glad it was in the corner!


No comments: