Friday, May 15, 2009

8 Hours Packing = 8 Crates



Wow, 8 hours later our house has been packed away into 8 crates and loaded onto two trucks! The weather ended up holding out for us! There was a typhoon heading towards us. It had already killed 10 people in the Philippines and was cruising up to Okinawa. Was sooo happy to see it continue to lose its gusto as it got closer to our island. We had some rain, but not like what I have seen some people pack out in!!! The Okinawan guys that packed up our house were simply extraordinary!! I swear the guy upstairs had to somehow be related to Samantha! I kept trying to see if he had the magic twitch of the nose! There was a team of about 7 that were in and out of our house after the lone guy upstairs pretty much did half the upstairs! Amazingly enough, so far nothing important was packed away into the crates! I have our passports, my laptop, and the can opener!!! Also to my relief, our cat was spotted after the trucks pulled away! Was a little nervous Tank might have traveled by boat to America and been a sad pile of remains at our next house! Always worry about him every time someone in the hood packs out! Ty and Ryan had fun hiding from each other behind all the boxes before they were carried out to the trucks! As the boxes began to dwindle outta the house I ordered a variety of large pizza’s and picked up a few 12 packs of soda for the guys. We have always done pizza when we have moved in or out of a house, so we included them in our tradition. They were really nice and thanked me several times for dinner. Wow, now I have this empty house and it is just like sooo cool, except for the dining room table. I really need to find it! I kept putting things on the table I didn’t want packed, now I have a huge pile of massive disorganization! LOL! I think I might leave everything in boxes at our new house for awhile, especially the toys!!! I love having nothing to put away!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! You guys had a lot of stuff!! Good luck with the new house! I'll help you with the yard work :0)