Friday, May 15, 2009

Shake Your Shoes


This is why we have taught our kids to shake their shoes before they put them on! This nice little centipede was in Ty’s shoe! Hate these frickin’ things! Especially the really big ones I find climbing up my stairs! They come in during really rainy, windy days. I used to never know how they got in the house, but then, one time, at band camp, just kidding, really, I was by one of our windows and the wind was howling and it was raining really hard and I watched as this huge centipede came under the window and in the window sill. I watched as the water would swish under the window and then get sucked back out. The centipede would be almost in and then get sucked back out and then almost in, just back and forth. I was too intrigued to do anything but watch! During typhoons I usually put towels in all the window sills to stop the water and so I realized how I got these critters in the washing machine! UHG! They totally creep me out and like you can stomp on them a bunch of times and they just keep wiggling!!! And never stomp on them with flip flops, they don’t die and they just flip over onto your foot! Oh, and they also survive the wash cycle! Try getting one of those outta the washing machine! It sucks and requires lots of screaming and cursing. LOL! I use the Chinese chopsticks, since they are longer than Japanese chopsticks, and it is quite the challenge. Probably humorous to watch as I scream and curse the wiggly creature! Sooo, don’t forget to shake your shoes before you put them back on at my house!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad we never had to deal with those!!! EEEK!