Friday, May 15, 2009

ER Two Nights In A Row

We were in the ER two nights in a row. Thursday night Jasper accidently got Ed in the eye with his nail. We spent about 5 hours in the ER. Friday Ed was still in a lot of pain and by the late afternoon he was in severe pain and his eye was swollen shut. We thought we had best head over right then as it was a Friday night, which is always busy and being the 15th, well there will be many service members in their as the night progresses. So I took him back to the ER around 7:30 pm. It was night but Ed was still wearing sunglasses as any kind of light just sends him almost into spasms with the pain. We get to the ER and this part really cracked me up, Ed was not amused and the Nurse almost had to pick up a pile Chiclets from her own mouth. She had him walk down the bright hall, stand on the line and read the letters from the wall. His eye is swollen shut and due to the spasms he can barely even have the other eye open, let alone in the bright light!!! UHG! Hello?! It was determined he could not see the letters and she took him to a room and as we walked in she turns on the BRIGHT light for us to sit and wait for the Doctor. She had been told countless times that Ed’s eye was VERY sensitive to light. So, I turn off the light as she is walking out. I came up with a song that I sang to Ed while we waited for the Doc. It is with the tune to “I Wear My Sunglasses at Night” here is goes: “I wear my sunglasses at night, ‘cause I got in a fight with a dog who has a lethal paw!” I don’t think Ed was very amused, but he is now asleep with the help of some vicadin and we’ve got some drops for his eyes that will help with the whole light thing. He actually has Iritis and a Corneal Abrasion, so I know he is in some pain. No pictures with this one as I might have lost some Chiclets if I had attempted to take some. Ha!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor Ed! Hope his recovery is fast!!