Friday, May 15, 2009

The Dog Ate My Homework, I Mean Shoe!

Okay, I have fallen to an all time low in my ghettoness….Thursday morning Ryan was looking everywhere for his other shoe and could not find it anywhere! Our house is empty, we are all packed out, there isn’t really any place for things to be lost AND our house is tiny!!! I HAD to get to work, Ed was gone as he was giving Braun and her kids a ride to the airport, so I told Ryan he had to miss school since he isn’t allowed to go in slip slops and that is all he has for extra shoes. (I wasn’t going to make him wear his church shoes with his shorts) So, I left for work, Ty left without his little brother and Ryan got to stay home because he had no shoes to wear to school! Thursday evening Ed is at the PX getting ready to buy Ryan some shoes. An hour earlier Ed had been scratched in the eye by our dog Jasper. (total accident, they were just playing) Sooo, anyways, all of a sudden Ed is in massive pain and can’t see and Vicki almost ends up having to drive him home. He couldn’t call me to come get him as we only have one car now. I take Ed to the ER, we get home waaaay after the PX has closes, they close at 9 pm. So, now it is Friday morning and Ryan has no shoes, AGAIN! I am off to work, I tell him to check with Dad at 845 to see if he can take him to the PX to get shoes and take him to school. PX opens at 9 am. Ed is knocked out on Tylenol 3. After work I swing by Ryan’s school to get the last of photos for yearbook as I am taking it to be printed. My friend Tiffany is there. She is subbing Ryan’s class this week as his teacher is in China. She is laughing and asks me if it is true that Ryan has been missing school because the dog ate his shoe. I have to confirm that this is indeed true and he will have closed toe shoes by Monday! Yes, I have officially sunk to an all time low in my motherhood skills and can hold my head high as queen of the Kishaba Trailer Park!!!

No comments: