Friday, May 15, 2009

Going...Going...GAAAWWWNNN!



We have sold the jeep! I think it was a steal at $200.00, although others who have ridden with me in it might think otherwise! There was no AC; it was a windows down hair blow in the wind kinda mobile! I named her Christine as she was possessed and those of you who have taken a spin in her will back me up on this! LOL! She was the coolest thing on wheels and we would have taken her back to the States in a heartbeat if we could!! She randomly locked you in the vehicle. As you drove you would hear your locks falling and rising, sometimes it was even to the beat of the tunes i was jamming to! The inside lights didn't work so you never really knew how fast you were going. Unfortunately this was a downfall for Jorden. He snuck out one night and took the jeep to the shoppette to buy a Monster. Why you buy a Monster at 130 am i'll never know other than it is just one of those dumb teenage things...but anyways, Jorden was driving and turning the lights on and off as he didn't know the inside lights didn't work. This caught the attention of the MP's. They pulled him over. He tried to open the door, but the locks kept going up and down. The MP's were not amused and did not know Jorden had no control over this. Jorden eventually was able to get out of the vehicle. The MP didn't know how to read the paperwork in the glove box right and thought the JCI was expired. He didn't know how to read the window sticker either. Ed was off island so when i got the call to go down to the shack i had to wake up the kids and bring them with me since Vicki wasn't 12 yet. They had thought Jorden was drunk because of the whole lock thing but he wasn't and than i confirmed the lock and light thingy. The back door also has a trick for getting it closed. I never did figure it out. Thank goodness Leilani was with me the only time it was opened under my watch! Leilani opened it as i was hollering "DON'T OPEN THE BACK!!" You could park her anywhere, which is a huge plus on the streets of Okinawa! She is four wheel drive which came in handy on getting to some of our dive spots. My favorite part was the little gadget on the dash that told me my position to let me know if i was about to flip over. I loved taking turns and driving on slants to see how far i could get the jeep to tip. The vehicles here are basically indestructible and the jeep is light enough that I knew if I ever did tip it Ed would be able to come tip me back over. Well he would have probably laughed at me for a very long time first.... i never did get her to tip over. So, now i no longer have my fun mobile to zip around in. Just my dependable Silver Bullet!

No comments: