Friday, May 15, 2009

Never Again

I have decided I am NOT a fan of high kitchen cabinets! That is where stuff just gets shoved back into and forgotten….well, forgotten until it is time to PCS! I remember last house finding shampoo and conditioner way up in the very top kitchen cupboards. Obviously Ed must have helped me put groceries away that day…sooo, I am finding just all these VERY expired cans of food! I do vaguely remember buying the sour krout back in 2004 thinking I would make some Krout meals since we are all German….yeah, that didn’t happen, it’s now 2009 and the sour krout was never made with any other German dishes, well I’m sure I have made German Chocolate cake over the last 6 years! Anyways, I’m ending up with a kitchen trash bag full of dead food and my “save the earth” voice is screaming in my head that I need to empty these cans out for recycling. It is mandatory over here, but I did this back in the States when I didn’t have to, it’s just my whole trying to NOT feel responsible when people are claiming our earth is running out of room for trash and stuff. Sooo, I figure I better empty the smelly stuff into the garbage disposal first, yes, the sour kroute was first. It smelled terrible. I just kept opening can after can. Starting with the smelliest and working my way to the fruits and last the pumpkin pie fillings which were only like a month past expiration and smelled great! Or maybe it was only because my smeller had been traumatized with food from 2004!!! I have decided I will NOT EVER put food in my top shelves EVER again!!

No comments: