Monday, July 6, 2009

Jasper's New Chore! NOT!!!


I had grilled a variety of meats and made a couple different salads and had cut up a bunch of fruit so I wouldn’t have to cook for a few days, just replenish the fruits and veggies. I decided to cook up a pound of ground turkey on the last of the reheat up the leftovers night so it would be quick and easy for me to whip up the chilli I was going to make the following night. The meat was done, so I just left it in the pan on the stove to cool off before I put it away for tomorrow nights dinner……Later I came into the kitchen to put it away and found an empty pan on the stove. I asked Ed if he had put the meat away. Of course the answer was no, I knew that before I asked, but I knew Jorden, Ty, or Ryan would never put something like that away. I asked them anyways and I was right, they didn’t even know what I was talking about. I then knew exactly who had helped me in the kitchen! Jasper! Our one year old golden lab and graciously volunteered to put the meat away, in his tummy!!! The little, well not so little, bugger had licked the pan clean!!! UHG! I washed the pan and started all over again and this time when the meat was done I put it in the container to cool down waaaaaay back on the counter where he couldn’t get to it! I would give anything to have had a picture of him just standing up there at the stove on his hind legs eating a pound of ground turkey! Instead, I just have the picture of my empty pan.

No comments: