Saturday, July 25, 2009

I No Longer Beep!


I bought these cute capris somewhere….as usual, if I like something, I will buy about 3 of them in different colors. I loved these capris at either Old Navy or Penny’s, can’t remember which place, but I loved them and so I bought them. I took off the tags and began wearing them. Ed and I went to Barnes and Nobel and when we walked in the doors beeped like when you try to shoplift things. People were walking out, so they stopped and we kept going in. Later in the store when we left the book area and went to the video part of the place the beeper thing went off again. We had nothing so we just kept going. The store beeped later when we left. Again we had nothing and other people were walking out with bags so we didn’t stop, as it wasn’t us, we had nothing. Well, this happened several different times as we went to Barnes & Nobel and other stores during the week……we never paid attention, as we never had anything and others were coming and going at the same times with things they had bought. Well, I overhear a conversation one day at the mall of an employee telling another employee to just ignore her when she walks thru different areas of the store as she hadn’t removed the tag yet inside her pants…..my brain starts thinking about all the times I keep setting off the shoplifter sirens and not stopping as I NEVER had anything!!! I get home, check one of my 3 favorite new capris and wouldn’t ya know……? I’ve got one of those tags! Of course I keep forgetting to cut it out as I have no siscors near by when I get dresses and I just forget about it by the time I am in the kitchen….Ed was now completely annoyed everytime the beepers went off because now we know it is retarded me who can’t remember to cut out these tags that are sewn inside my pants. Ed has taken care of all my tags and I no longer beep! I can’t help but wonder if I ever got a shoplifter busted by them having to have their bags searched when they weren’t even the one beeping?!!! I guess I will never know……

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a shirt from Old Navy that has that tag in it! Will be sure to cut it out!! Thanks for the warning :0)