Saturday, July 25, 2009

I Do NOT Carry My Bike NO MORE!!!


Jorden and I went bike riding. We had a great time until we came to this one part of the trail. It didn’t look good….there was a time, not tooooo long ago when I wouldn’t have even stopped for something like this, but I have reached an age where I no longer have any desire to CARRY my bike! I used to think it was fun running with a bike when the road was unrideable, but NOT anymore! I stopped and let Jorden go check it out. He disappeared in grass taller than him. He came back and said we had better turn around as I would have to carry my bike. For a quick second I almost decided to go for it, but I just kept thinking of all the alligator signs we had been riding by. It IS against the law to disturb them in North Carolina and so I figured I shouldn’t take the chance of carrying my bike thru there as I would probably end up stepping on an alligator, it was kinda marshy, and that would probably be considered DISTURBING them and then if it bit me, well it is against the law to FEED them and so I would be breaking TWO laws, so I decided to play it safe and not take the chance of DISTURBING & possibly FEEDING an alligator, as this is on a military base, so it would probably be a federal offense……I was also a little nervous about the snakes I might step on. I don’t think any of the poisonous ones are protected, but it would hurt really bad…….so we truned around and continued are bike ride with only attacks from blood sucking mosquitos!

No comments: