Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Ocean Views.....To.......Forest Views


I've been lucky to see the ocean daily on my runs over the last 6 years. I've been able to run along the beaches most of my life and still can, just not as convenient as what i have been spoiled with.....So, now i live on the coast, but the forest divides me from my ocean views unless i want to drive to where i want to run. Nope, not going to spend time driving to exercise! That makes absolutely NO sense! Soo, i am now running with views of giant trees, squirrel’s, raccoons, possums, and such. I also get to check out the newest dead snake in the road each day that met its fate by someone’s tires the night before. I'm getting used to it. The first day, well i came back with just a ton of mosquito bites! Apparently blood suckers have a thing against joggers and just come out in full force and take as much blood from you as they can while you jog. They do this without you even knowing they are on your body feasting! So, now i douse myself in insect repellent before i run and i don't get eaten while exercising! I miss my ocean views, but i guess i can handle running with this new view knowing the ocean is just a few minutes away by car if i need to see it while running!

No comments: