Saturday, July 18, 2009

OOOps I Did It Again...


Waiting for my turn to go in....

Just leave me alone!!
It's been 12 years since my last one and now, i have done it again! I got another speeding ticket!!! Atleast this time it isn't as embarressing as the last time! In 1997 i got a speeding ticket going 32 in a 25, like how can you say you were speeding when you were only going 32 on a road with abandoned fields on both sides of it?! I was actually lost that time and had no idea i was speeding until the lights came on behind me! This time, i really do NOT think i was speeding! It was my first time to drive somewhere in America! I was in the slow lane, going slower than EVERYONE else in North Carolina on Highway 24!! Cars, well actually trucks, as i think i might have been the only car on the road, were flying by me! Vicki kept teasing me that we were going to get a ticket for going toooo slow! I was a little lost, i was looking for the obscure little turn off road called Hibbs Road, it is the short cut to get to Cherry Point. I see lights behind me as i am slowing down to a red light. I figure he is going around me, nooooo, he gets on his loud speaker and tells me by identifying my car to turn right at the light and stop. I figure he realized i must have been lost or something. He comes to the door, i have the window down and the car off. My brother is a Highway Patrol dude in California, i know all the do's and don'ts of highway patrol eticate! He asks me if i have any idea how fast i was going. I tell him no and that i am sorry if i was going too slow but i wasn't sure where my turn off was. He asks me if i just moved here. I said yes. He asks from where and when i arrived. I told him from Okinawa, Japan, 3 days ago. He asks how long i have lived on Okinawa and i tell him 6 years. He now informs n me i was speeding and takes my license to run it thru his little system. He comes back and says my record is clean. I ask him if he is sure i was speeding as i was the slowest one on the road as vehicles were zipping past me while i was trying to find this Hibbs Rd turn off. He begins apoligizing for having to give me a ticket and says that the road i am lookig for is about 2 miles down the road. He tells me to come to court on the date that is on the paper he gave me and that he will tell the judge that it was a clear day with very few cars on the road to see if the Judge can lower it or something.....that was in June....now July 16th rolls around and it is time to see the judge and pay the piper. I have to take the kids with me as from there we are going to Havelock to stay at Kelli's and Jorden is going to Cherry Point to Adrian's house to hang out. My ticket is at the Beaufort court house, an hour away from where we are at Lejeune. We leave at 715 am, get up there at 830 and begin the whole waiting game. The boys wait outside the court room on a bench. Jorden has my blackberry to play with and Ty and Ryan have their DS and PSP and i have nothing while i sit on a nice long hard bench waiting! Finally the Judge comes in and we now get to form a line where we plead guilty or not guilty and tell the Judge what happened on the day of the "event". There were about 25 people before me. The Judge was a really nice guy, YAY!! Just hoping his kind nature would last until it was my turn. It was finally my turn. I plead guilty, like can you really plead NOT guilty on something like that?! The highway patrol dude did not show up, jerk! I think he might have felt tooo guilty about what he did! LOL! The judge asked me when my last speeding ticket was, i told him it was 1997, he asked how fast i was going, i told him 32 mph, he chuckled and said well this time you were going much faster and i agreed with him. He asked how long i had lived in NC, i told him just over a month. He looked at the date of the ticket and asked me how long i had been in NC when i got the ticket and i told him we had arrived earlier that week. He asked from where, i told him Okinawa, Japan. He asked how long we had been there, i told him 6 years. He apoligized for my welcome to America and dropped my fine down to $10, so, after the $121 in court fees i am now $131 poorer. Apparently it is dangerous to be the slowest person on the road, so just drive 55 mph or be the fastest one on the road! LOL
All Done With Court

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You didn't tell me about this!! hahaha! Glad you got it dropped to $10!

Jared and Adrianne Blake said...

Yuck! Sorry about your luck! Did you habe an outta state license or something? He didn't HAVE to give you a ticket!! Meanie!