Friday, February 6, 2009

Finally Found It!



Ed has very few pictures, so what I have acquired I guard with my life, ‘cause like ya know me, I am a picture freak! When Ed was in Iraq in 05/06 I made a wall for him. He hates that whole “look at me” wall kinda thing, but I needed something to keep my late nights busy and I wanted a “look at Ed” wall so I could see him while he was gone. I thought it would be good for the kids to see it every time they went up and down the stairs as well. I also knew it was the only time I could get away with putting something like that up! LOL! I started at the top of the stairs with his boot camp pictures and went from there with other photos and what awards/plaques, whatever you call those things that I could find. He usually tosses stuff like that and when he isn’t looking, I pull from the trash and tuck away. (yes, like I say, I’m like the lamest person EVER!!!) I had some pictures of when he was in Okinawa in 1994/1995. I framed a cool one of him and his friends and have always wondered where that picture was taken. Ed had no real concrete memory of the day. He, like most Lance Corporals, spent most of his time drinking back then. Well………………..the place has been discovered!!! I took Ed’s picture next to the monument thing! I asked him if he now remembered any of it, and he said it was still a pretty big blank….but we now know it was at the northern most tip of the island, Cape Hedo!

No comments: