Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The Big 13!



Sooo, our 13th Anniversarry is like today, February 3rd. Wow! It amazes me that it has been that long and that I still have a husband! The last ones didn’t keep me very long. LOL! I think I just always picked someone waaaaaay out of my league and after they realized it, well then, the story just ended and they moved on to better pastures. I thought Ed was like totally super out of my league when I met him and was shocked he even wanted to talk to me! Even more surprised he wanted to see me the following night! He was really drunk the night I met him, so I didn’t really count on him even remembering my name. He actually didn’t remember my name the following morning but after asking his friends he found out and showed up at my friend’s birthday party that next evening and two weeks later asked me to marry him! He was 6 years younger than me, just a little Lance Criminal in the USMC. I said yes,and was terrified he would change his mind, so didn’t marry him right away…………just kept putting off a date. Finally one Saturday morning he said “marry me today or never!” Sooooo, we got in the car, drove to Nevada and got married. We had to keep pulling over ‘cause like I was throwing up the whole way there! Yeah, just a little nervous to be doing that again. That was 13 years ago, and here we are, still married. I got him a jersey for our anniversary. He is really hard to shop for as he always says there is nothing he wants. He did say he wanted his next jersey to be the Steelers #43, so I got him that and let him have it early, since Super Bowl was Feb 2nd. Ed got me the bride and groom kokeshi doll set. I love it! The kids were teasing me saying Dad had spent more on my gift then I had spent on his, this led to another conversation that I had forgotten about. Ed asked the kids if they knew what my first gift was from him. Of course, they didn’t know and so Ed told them it was a video camera for our first Christmas and that he always spends more on me then I spend on him…….uuuhhhggg! The kids of course asked Ed what his first gift from me was and he told them I had gotten him a birthday card with a glow in the dark star in it. Yeah, makes me look like the worst girlfriend EVER!!! But, I had to remind the kids I had only known their Dad for like not even 2 weeks when his birthday rolled around on November 16th …..i had these glow in the dark stars on my ceiling at my house and Ed had said he wanted the biggest one up there to put above his bed in the barracks so he could look at it and think of me……so when his birthday came along like after the maybe 4th time I had gone out with him I gave him my biggest star. Sooo, yes lame as far as dinero spent, but I am more a sentimental person and I really do have a hard time shopping for him!!! Of course Ed then tells the kids how he took me to Mackinah Island for my 39th birthday and the jewelry he’s bought me and stuff….uuhhg! Soo, yeah, I am like a total looser! !!! Sooo I remind the kids that I don’t ever ask for big gifts! Like he could tie a string around my wrist and it would stay there until it broke off, and even then I would still keep it in my jewelry box and love it just as much as the diamond things he has bought me over the years! But the kids are still telling me that I loose, Dad wins. He did get the Harley last year for his birthday and has a bigger one getting made in the States right now for him…so if ya really want to calculate dollars…? But then we told the kids it’s not the gifts, it’s the memories that go with the gifts! Yeah, can’t tell about some of those gifts! LOL Not sure what we are going to do….wanted to do a cool dive, but the waters have been too rough, I made reservations for a sunset dinner cruise….hopefully the weather holds out….. It’s kinda a tradition for me to plan a miserable evening for him. Hopefully this one will not be sooo bad for him…….i’m just lame…………oh well……I just keep kinda wondering when he is going to trade me in…but he does still have that star i gave him back in November of 1995.......

2 comments:

Jared and Adrianne Blake said...

Ed is so handsome! Congrats on 13 years!

Slattery's said...

Congrats! Kudos to Ed for having the present giving ability. Perhaps he could give Dan a few pointers. Hope you enjoy your date!