Thursday, February 5, 2009

Anniversary Night 2009


Our Anniversarry Evening
Our Anniversarry fell on a Tuesday this year and with Ed’s work schedule, there just isn’t really much available to do, well that he would like and that works with his limited free time on a week night. He wanted me to pick where we would go out to eat. I HATE to pick!!! I choose wrong, in everything, NOT just food choices, just everything in general, so I was not happy with this…..so i decided to choose somewhere we would more than likely never celebrate our anniversary at again, as well as a place that I knew Ed would like….soooo, I chose Arin Curin. It’s one of our favorite places and we haven’t been there in like a year. It’s down by Camp Kinser, so I was hoping the traffic wouldn’t be too bad. It wasn’t and we made it there in like 15 minutes. Amazing! Even more amazing was that we were the first ones there, so we even had a place to park without parking down the road and walking back! The place was empty and we had the restaurant to ourselves the whole time! This place in normally packed! It opens at 5 pm and is only open for dinner. We arrived at 455. Ed ordered #16 Beef & Broccoli & #37 Fried Chicken. I ordered #4 Tomato Salad and #52 Garlic Pasta. We ordered #34 Deep Fried Garlic, #62 Garlic Toast, & #63 Garlic Fried Rice to share. I tried to talk Ed into ordering #32 Stir Fry Octopus & Asparagus with Garlic, but he wasn’t interested in trying. He wasn’t in the best of moods either, so I didn’t press my luck with having them bring that to our table. He was already grossed out that there was a tomato next to him that I was consuming. I guess I shouldn’t have ordered that. He HATES tomatoes!!! But it is such a yummy salad!!! He couldn’t eat his beef broccoli thing because it came with this white creamy garlic sauce, so that upset him a little bit more…..but I loved it and gave him all the fried rice and offered him my pasta, but he said he didn’t like the pasta. He loved the rice and his chicken though! The bread is always good and we both really like the garlic corn thing. I loved it all and he reminded me that I weighed 115 pounds when we got married……….as usual, I chose wrong………..the following night I took him to Chula-U. I was just continuing the torture, like I said, it is tradition for me to basically put him thru hell on our anniversary, I just totally suck as a wife and that is probably why I am on husband number three!!! LOL! Chula-U is a very popular spa here on Okinawa. I go here with friends as well as take Vicki and her friends when they want to go. When you enter this facility you take off your shoes and slide them into a cubby. After paying, you are given a key so you can lock up your stuff and just enjoy the spa. I took Ed first to the massage chairs. I put in the money and helped him adjust the settings on the remote, he was not thrilled with this and I even gave him the chair with the English translations, I took the one with the remote in Kongi. I just ignored him and enjoyed my chair massage. He didn’t want to do the foot massage so I took him out to the mineral pool. This is a heated pool where the water is full of minerals that leaves your skin super soft. He was bored at first but finally began to relax a little and enjoy himself or maybe was just humoring me, I’ll never know…..from there we went and sat in the sauna and then got back into the pool. After that we changed clothes and I took him to my favorite part! The Foot Doctor! I love this!!! If i was rich i would have my own little Foot Doctors at my house and put my feet in several times a day! Ed wasn’t too sure about this, but he put his feet in anyways. He was okay with it and the fish went to town on our feet! These little carp originate from Turkey, I think, and are now very popular in Asia. I love it!!! Afterwards we got a scoop of ice cream and headed home. He did wake up this morning saying he slept REALLY good last night. He normally doesn’t sleep well at all and I think that is why he is grouchy sooo much of the time. He just always has these never ending headaches from lack of sleep! Soooo, maybe he won’t stay too mad at me about the spa thing…? The suffering will continue when we go on our Sunset Dinner Cruise, if the weather holds out this weekend! Maybe I’ll even get him to dance one song with me out on the deck so I can officially make it the worst night ever for him!!! LOL Another year down, what will I torture him with next year? Ha! I do remind him that he is more than welcome to plan our anniversaries!!!

No comments: