Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I Have Been Reminded How Lucky I Am!

Vicki & i awoke to no hot water this morning. It was only about 34 degrees outside, so not like freezing cold like many places in the States, but i also do not have any of the heaters on yet. We haven't had heat in our house for a few years when they had to cut it off for the new budgets. We actually got new heaters this last year, i just need to pull out my english translation thing and reset from AC to Heat....still not too good on my Japanese characters....so my fault there! LOL I was grumbling as i got my instantaneous migrain as i was washing my hair in freezing water, yeah, no conditioner today....but i was reminded about how lucky we have been! We finally got a hot water heater put in this last February, so a cold shower had been a normal morning ritual for many years here on the rock! Sooo, i stopped grumbling and remembered how lucky i am to usually have hot water for my showers and not have to boil water to wash my dishes anymore! I guess it's good for me to get occassional little reminders about how good i really do have it!!!

No comments: