Tuesday, January 13, 2009

When Is Christmas Coming Down?

This is the longest my Christmas decorations have ever stayed out! Usually I pack them all away on New Years Day, well everything except my snowmen & the toy soldier/nutcrackers, they get to stay up until January 31st! This year I didn’t get Christmas packed away until January 7th! We were just too occupied with having fun during the rest of Christmas vacation and I was already scheduled to work the first 2 days of school. I only had Wednesday off and I was busy!!! Ed kept asking when Christmas was coming down and if he could help. Unfortunately, nobody can really help this year! We move this summer, not sure where…..but this means after each holiday I need to pack my stuff up “TMO Style”! Translation: it needs to be packed in a way that it will survive the trucks, the ports, the ship, and more trucks before it arrives at our new duty! It is finally done! I tossed many things that are easily replaceable in the States and have no sentimental value and walked my reindeer over to Jenny’s house. I miss the decorations but it feels good to have the house back to normal!

No comments: