Sunday, January 25, 2009

This Is What It Has Come To

I think the family has pretty much banned me from making cookies, well, when it consists of more than one batch.....I am now resorting to the cute little dough guy for my cookie making. It's not that i don't make yummy cookies....it's just more like i forget about the yummy cookies in the oven....the first batch always turns out just scrumptious!!! Then, i think my brain just somehow triggers to "off" on the cookie thing, like batch is done, yum, now it is cooling down and i just totally forget that i have more yummy cookies in the oven! If i could just stay in the kitchen just a few minutes longer!! It never fails though, minute 9 of the cookies cooking, the phone will ring, the door bell will ding dong, the laundry in the dryer is calling for me to let it out, the dog or cat need something, someone is bleeding and needs a bandaide, ya know, all the normal stuff that goes on in a house...and so the next several batches of cookies keep getting forgotten...I actually left the house the othr day with the last batch in the oven, i had done sooo good and hadn't burnt ANY yet! When i remembered, i didn't bother to call home as either the house had burned down and there was no phone to answer or they had smelled something....they had smelled something. I came home after my date with Gail to the windows open and Ed asking me if i had forgotten something....sooo, needless to say, i am now putting myself at the mercy of the cookie varieties the cute little dough boy puts out for me. Unless, any of my friends want to come cookie sit with me when i am baking....i promise, the first batch is always delicious!!!

1 comment:

Jared and Adrianne Blake said...

gHere's a tip--halve the recipe!!